The urinary tract is a very important part of the body consisting of kidney, ureter, bladder and urethra. Nature has provided each individual with two kidneys, each one of which has one million nephrons or filtering units.
Kidney Stone & Urinary Tract Infection
It is a common urinary disorder. Stones are formed in the kidney or urinary tract from chemicals in the urine like uric acid, calcium, oxalic acid and phosphorus. Such stones cause severe pain when they attempt to pass down the ureter on their way to the bladder. Painful, scanty urination, nausea and vomiting are some of the symptoms.
Treatment Tips of Urinary Disorders
Sufficient fluid intake to prevent urine concentration.
- Proper genital hygiene; avoid genital contact with infected things.
- Maintain ideal body weight and take a low protein diet.
- Avoid high intake of milk, alkali or Vitamin D.
- Avoid whole wheat flour, Bengal gram, soyabeans, spinach, almonds, coconut, tomato, beet and radish.
- Food should consist of fresh green peas, pumpkin, cauliflower, cabbage, turnips, beans, etc.
- For all kidney and bladder troubles, slowly boil 75 mg of fresh bean pods in seven litres of water for three hours; filter the liquid, allow it to cool for six hours and give a glassful every two hours to the patient with the kidney problem.
- For kidney stones, basil juice with honey may be taken for six months.
- Hot enema followed by hot bath; Bhujangasana, Halasana, Dhanurasana are beneficial.
- Dietary calcium should not exceed 800-1000 mg.
- Kidney stones are `what you eat` and therefore diet modification is very important.